This Privacy Statement applies only to personal information collected through the OncXerna website. This Privacy Statement is current from June 2021 and is reviewed every 2 years or sooner. From time to time, we may make changes to our policies, processes and systems in relation to how we handle your Personal Information. We will update this Privacy Statement to reflect any changes.
1.0 What data do we collect?
When you visit our website, we may collect personal information from you. In addition, you may choose to provide Personal Information when submitting an inquiry through the Contact Us and Join Us page. Depending on the nature of your inquiry, we may collect and process the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your IP address
- Personal data that you may include in your message to us
- Data on your navigation of our website
- Your CV from job applications
- Your Linkedin URL for a job application
- Cover Letter for a job application
If you contact us in writing, by email, or by other electronic means, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We will collect information that is necessary and relevant to provide you with responses to inquiries. This information will vary based on the nature of your inquiry but can include personal information such as your name, address, date of birth, and other details.
2.0 How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Complete the form on our Contact Us page of our website
Complete an application on our Join Us page of our website
3.0 How will we use your data?
Our company collects your data so that we can:
Respond to the inquiries you have submitted through our website
If you have applied for a position; evaluate your professional qualifications relevant to the position
Understand website activities to enhance user experience
We will treat your personal information as strictly private and confidential. We will only use or disclose it for purposes directly related to the reason why you provided it to us.
There are circumstances where we may be permitted or required by law to disclose your Personal Information to third parties. We may also from time to time, provide statistical data to third parties for research purposes.
We may disclose information about you to outside contractors to carry out activities on our behalf such as an IT service provider. We impose security and confidentiality requirements on how they handle your personal information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any Personal Information.
4.0 How do we store your data?
Our company securely stores your data in secure third-party cloud hosting sites, with whom we have contracted for privacy-compliant hosting services.
Our company will keep your data for the period of time needed for the business purpose. Generally, this will be for approximately one year unless the nature of the information or contact requires us to retain further to comply with applicable laws or regulations. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
5.0 What are your data protection rights?
Our company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Consumers subject to the CCPA are entitled to the following:
The CCPA provides Consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected, used or disclosed about you.
- The right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you.
According to CCPA regulations, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request (see Exercising Your Rights below), we will provide the information according to the stipulated CCPA regulations.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Your Rights below), we will delete, and direct our third party service providers to delete, your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the Personal Information;
- Take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. Seq.);
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided the personal information.
Exercising Your Rights:
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing us at [email protected].
Only you, or a person authorized on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us the ability to reasonably verify you are a California resident, and that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or that you have authorized the person making the request on your behalf; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. In some instances, we may not be able to comply with your request, in which case we will respond with the reasons that prevent us from complying.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Consumers not subject to CCPA are entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request our company for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that our company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected].
6.0 Cookie Statement
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies that save website image data to speed up your image download within our website
Cookies that save information from filled out form
Cookies that help us understanding how you use our website
8.0 What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – our company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising – our company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
9.0 How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and you can delete cookies from your browser. Below are links to cookie deletion instructions of common browsers should you like to delete these cookies. However, please be aware that some of our website features may not function as a result of the cookie deletions.
10.0 Changes to our Privacy Statement
Our company keeps its Privacy Statement under regular review and places any updates on this web page. This Privacy Statement was last updated June 2021.
If you have a complaint about the privacy of your personal information, we request that you contact us in writing via our DPO email address. Upon receipt of a complaint we will consider the details and attempt to resolve it in accordance with our complaints handling procedures.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of a complaint or the outcome you may make an application to the Data Privacy Authorities in your state or your country.
12.0 Overseas Transfer of Data
We may transfer your personal information to an overseas OncXerna Therapeutics, Inc. affiliate. In all cases we will have model clauses and data protection agreements in place if we transfer data internationally.
13.0 How to contact us
If you have any questions about our company’s Privacy Statement, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: [email protected]
If you wish to exercise your rights as data subjects please click here.